Tuesday, November 17, 2009

You Are Invited!

You Are Invited!

Dear Friends,

I hope you will visit my other blog site, http://www.culturalsurvivalskills.com/

The reason I have two blogs is that each has its distinct purpose. As a professor, I studied and taught about how to help individuals and families with psychological problems. I also studied, and taught about the various things that sociocultures have done that strengthen or weaken their own ability to survive long and well.

The purpose of the blog you are now on, http://www.lifecopingskills.com/ is to address the many things that we must do, or prevent from happening, in order to live our individual lives well: To have and maintain relationships with other individuals in our lives, to maintain our families, raise our children, and to care for ourselves and our loved one's psychological health and welfare.

The purpose of culturalsuvivalskills is to address the things that we must know and do, or prevent from happening, to strengthen America's psychological health and its ability to survive very long and very well. Yes, besides caring for ourselves and our loved ones, we must also care for our American Society. We may not think of it often, but our American Socioculture is the influential context in which we work to care for ourselves and our loved ones.

If the Socioculture in which we live is increasingly emotionally disturbed, destructive of its families and children, and its behavior is confused and maladaptive, that will spell disaster for all of us and our loved ones.

I am convinced that our American Socioculture is in decline. I think that many of the reasons for this decline have to do with our abandoning values and principles that made us great. These values and principles involve Judeo Christian rules for living life and other practices that generally conformed to science-based principles of psychology, economics and other sciences.

If you visit, culturalsurvivalskills.com you will come to understand my many concerns. Sociocultural evolution is in part a political process, so political matters are more frequently discussed there. Most of my suggestions and views are conservative but a few will be judged to be liberal. This is because it is clear to me that both parties are failing to care for our America Socioculture as they should. My friends are of all political persuasions.

At lifecopingskills.com, my focus will normally not be on political matters or America's sociocultural health. As in my private practice, my political views and those of my clients do not matter. Like in my psychological practice, here we will focus upon the quality of our individual lives and what we need to do to help ourselves and our loved ones to live very well and happily.

God's Blessings to you and your loved ones.

Dr. Tom
11/17/09

No comments:

Post a Comment